To do list

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Daniel fast - Day 3/31 - I am a friend of God

I woke up today thinking about my friends. And how they are going through rough time spiritually. I know it for sure. It saddens me that some are more distant than before. I feel a little lonely but I shouldn't be because knowing God is enough. He gives me peace and I wouldn't have it any other way. Since yesterday, finding out that Andrei isn't able to do the BBQ this coming weekend, I was very surprised with my reaction. I was calm, and I was hopeful that God will provide. I kept on telling myself that whatever God promised he will bring to pass, and also if it's a part of God's will and some people are not doing it, then he will get someone else who's willing to do. Either way, it will still be done. I know this season is dry but I know God is sustaining me. I know he'll bring me people.



There is a big difference between being out of God's will and being pruned or tested by God. Both are uncomfortable, but in one, you will have peace, no matter how uncomfortable it gets. In the other, you won't. 

God is the light and in him is no darkness at all. 
If we say that we have fellowship with Him, 
and walk in darkness, 
we lie and do not practice the truth. 
But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, 
we have fellowship with one another, 
and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. 
1 John 1:5-7

"So don't worry about seeing or understanding what the future holds. God wants you to trust Him as He leads you, even though you can't see clearly ahead. And don't be overly concerned about fully comprehending the past. Only He knows the whole truth about it anyway. You have him now. He is your light. And that is all that matters."

Be anxious for nothing,
but in everything by prayer and supplication,
with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

I guess that's how I'm feeling now. Even though I'm tired and there are a lot going around me, but I have so much peace. 

Question: Why do I have the hope within me. Why can't I live without the Holy Spirit?